20 January 2007

Second week of DTS

So, we've just finished our second week of Discipleship Training School. There will be a total of 11 weeks here in San Francisco and then 8 weeks overseas. I must say, at the end of these first two weeks, I am exhausted. I stress myself out sometimes, and it's a lot to be aware of what God is doing in my own life, but to be aware and sensitive to what God is doing in 11 other lives in addition...is a whole new challenge for me. I love being able to be a part of their lives, and yet I need to find a good balance and not let the emotions take over. It's so important for me to let God take anything that might be a burden.

The students are wonderful. We have ten girls and only one boy! They've already been experiencing new challenges, for instance, living in a room with four other girls when you've had a room by yourself for your whole life is quite a challenge!

I am feeling under the weather this weekend...I may have even caught me some strep throat. I'm hoping to get past it before Monday and the new week.

So, with that, I'm going to relax...put on a movie and go to bed early tonight!

No comments: