18 February 2007

So this week has just been a whirl. I'm not even sure why! Our teaching this week for the DTS students was on "The Bible"...on Thursday, I taught a specific Bible study method, which was really cool...we studied the book of Jonah together, and got so much out of it! A lot about God wanting to use us, even if we're being unwilling or selfish...but also that God wasn't satisfied with using Jonah's life for others, but He wanted Jonah to understand and trust Him still...so good.
Last Sunday, me and my dear Irish friend, Kirsty Reilly, went to Grace Cathedral to listen to a form on human trafficking...which is so huge today, even in our country. A man who has started a movement of awareness was there to speak about his new book "Not For Sale." I didn't realize how terribly prominant this issue is...there are 200,000 modern-day slaves in the U.S. today, and 17,000+ arriving each year. Many of the women here in SF that we pray for and that work in the "massage parlors" are trafficked over from Asia and Latin America under the lie that they will be able to work and find a good life in America, but instead are threatened and forced into working as prostitutes.

Please find out more, this is too much to not be aware of. The website that tells more is: http://www.notforsalecampaign.org

It was really cool, because the guy heading it up is a strong Christian and also a professor at SF State...it was also encouraging because we've been praying for God to open doors to release these women from this for a long time now, and this is the open door!

Today I was able to go to my church here, which I haven't been able to for a few weeks now, and it was so encouraging! God has been challenging me to trust Him with finances...He's provided so much for me...and I have been worried the last few weeks, because I still need quite a bit of support to go on our outreach to Morocco and Italy, and also taxes are coming up fast! But this weekend has been a huge revelation that I have not been trusting Him to provide and take care of every aspect of my life!




After church this afternoon, we went to have pizza at a lovely place called Supremo's. I went with Jason, our friend Steve, and Tyler and Mayra (two of the wonderful DTS students)...we took some pictures...........





1 comment:

Isabel said...

I love you and your beautiful passion for the women.

And i also miss you alot.

xxx