17 November 2007

Leaving again.

Well, I'm still striving to keep the updates coming.

It's been such an interesting season of my life lately. So many changes are ahead. In fact, a lot of inner changes are taking place already.

Right now I am about half way through staffing another discipleship training school. This school is 11 (again), except this time, the students are 6 girls and 5 boys (rather than last winter school's TEN girls and ONE boy). It's been a lot of fun, and they are great people! God's been bringing me deeper into revelation of where my heart is at. There is a lot in my heart that is not so good, and yet with the conviction comes the never-ending grace. That is why, despite a lot of challenge and change, I am more full of joy than I ever have been before, and that continues to grow.

What am I doing these days? Spending time with students, attending daily classes, involved in an amazing female prostitute ministry, preparing to go on a two-month outreach to Thailand and Vietnam (leaving December 3rd!)...
Next year is full of changes. Immediately upon returning from SE Asia, I will be flying out to Virginia to be in my best friend, Natalie's wedding. I will then spend a week with my parents and then when I return to San Francisco, it will be new things! I will no longer be doing Discipleship Training School, which will be quite interesting, since I staffed two 5-month schools in one year! It will be nice to be a part of the other ministries here at YWAM San Francisco for a while. In April, my first niece or nephew will be born! In June, my brother Luke will be marrying his fiance Allison. The changes just keep coming.

I love being here in San Francisco. I love to see what God is doing and how I can be a part of it. I desperately want more for this city...more truth, more revelation of who God is and His love. I want so much for them to be able to use their incredible gifts as a city to change the world and lead others towards Him. I see Him doing it...but there is so much more to come.

Some pictures of the recent events of my life:



The lovely group of people that I am blessed to work and live with for the next two months in Asia!


Some of my friends and I had a party for Guy Fauwkes Day...it's a British thing...
Well, I must go for now!

3 comments:

Virginia said...

I am going to miss you SO much while you're gone - and especially over Christmas. It will NOT be the same without you.

I am truly grateful for all the changes and growth within you especially this season. I cannot wait to talk more of them before you go and as you return. It is a year of change for me, too, yet the biggest shift feels within.

It's leading us to greater freedom and possibility, I feel. More than we have ever known before. I love you dearly and am proud of you. It will be quite a year and I look forward to sharing it together: in our city, and soon in the realm of marriage.

Virginia said...

I already left a comment, but here's another one to say, now that you're gone: I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good post.